Monday, April 27, 2015

Sample Knitting: Rift

Brooklyn Tweed has recently launched their second Men's Collection and I contributed a little bit by knitting the sample for Rift.
Rift is a lovely sweater designed by Jared Flood and knit in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter yarn. It is a faux raglan. The body is knit in the round with ribbing up the sides for the look of a seam. The ribbing then continues diagonally from the armholes to the neckline for the look of a raglan sleeve even though it is set in.
I really enjoyed knitting this sample. It is always a pleasure to work with Jared and always great to get to knit with Brooklyn Tweed yarn.
I like the entire Men's Collection and I am so glad that he does these. I find it difficult sometimes to find modern, well-designed sweater patterns for men and this fills that void. Some other designs in the collection I really like are:
Denali by Norah Gaughn
Sawyer by Julie Hoover
Albion by Michele Wang
All photos by Jared Flood and are used here with his permission.

1 comment:

Anna Prasad said...

Wow, lucky you. I love Jared's patterns, although embarrassingly I have never knit one. Great test knit!