Friday, February 8, 2013

F. O.: Tiki Socks

So I am finally getting organized here. I logged myself on to Ravelry today, collected all the information about my finished projects and WIPs, and entered it on to my projects page. It turns out that there was a lot more stuff that I finished and that I am working on than I thought - like eight things. That is a lot for me because I tend to focus on one or two things at a time. So here I am, getting my butt in gear while the twins are napping, and I am blogging.

After knitting the beret for my niece for her birthday, her sister, my other niece, wanted me to knit something for her too. She wanted some socks. She is 11 years old and very girly so I thought "What could be cuter than some stripey socks in a very girly color?"

Pattern: Classic Socks by Melinda Goodfellow

Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in the color Tiki

Needles: size US 2

I knit these for her for Christmas and she loved them! I have always wanted to try the self striping yarn and it was really fun to knit with. The socks knit up really fast because I really couldn't wait for the color to change so I could see what it looked like. I used a basic sock pattern because of the stripes - I didn't want to get too fancy and lose the stripes to a pattern. The yarn is really wonderful and the stripes turned out exactly the same on both socks. I made sure to start knitting on the same color for both socks to get them to be identical.
These were so much fun to knit that I might just try some more colors!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Super cute and I love the stripey colors! My 11 yr old daughter wears the same size shoe as me now so knitting a large 9 isnt as much fun when you have to do it 4 times!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Don't you just love the self-striping yarns?