Sunday, November 9, 2008

Askew

Last year, I totally dropped the ball when it came to my husband's birthday. He was so disappointed that I didn't knit anything for him, which took me by complete surprise because he never expressed any interest in me knitting anything for him before that. He wanted a scarf so this year that is what he got.

Pattern: A Scarf Askew by emilyelizabethknits
Yarn: Laines Du Nord, Korall in Charcoal Gray
Needles: size US 10 1/2

It is a challenge to knit for my husband, first of all, because he is very picky, and secondly, we live in the same house and if I want it to be a surprise that cuts out a lot of knitting time when he is home. I did manage to get it finished by his birthday, unblocked of course because there was just nowhere for me to block a 6 ft. long scarf in our apartment without him seeing it.

I love the yarn - I picked it up in a yarn store in Florence when we were in Italy last year. It is 100% merino wool and it is so soft, which is key for a scarf.

I am so happy he loved it! I blocked it and pinned it down only to find him pulling the pins out of it himself when it dried so that he could wear it. And he comes home from work every day and tells me how much he loves his scarf. Yay!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Fantastic scarf, and I love the pattern on it. How wonderful that your husband loves it so much too.