Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Finished: Larch Cardigan

I have been in desperate need of a navy cardigan. I wanted something simple and easy to throw on. I looked through a lot of patterns and I was going back and forth between the Farmers Market Cardigan and the Larch Cardigan. I ultimately chose Larch because it seemed more my style and a little bit more versatile. I am completely happy with my choice. I love it!
The pattern is Larch Cardigan by Amy Christoffers. The yarn I used is Cloudborn Highland Sport in Navy which I stumbled upon while perusing the Craftsy site. It is a relatively new yarn and I thought I would try it out. I am so glad I did because it is really nice. I highly recommend it. It is 100% wool so even though it is a sport weight, it is nice and warm. The stitches are nicely defined and so far it is wearing well - very minimal pilling. My gauge came in slightly under what was recommended but I just went with it. The sweater has more of a fitted, tailored look. I didn't want it to turn out too big. I used a size US 5 needle.
I really like the ribbed shawl collar and the one button closure. I also appreciate the small detail at the bottom ribbing and cuffs - after the ribbing is knit it is bound off and then the stitches are picked up from the wrong side. This sweater is easy to grab and throw on to walk the dog on a chilly morning or to head out to the store. I am glad I went with something so classic - it really goes with everything!

1 comment:

Anna Prasad said...

This looks beautiful on you. Such lovely classic lines and a great colour too. I love the idea of those cuffs, they look really well finished.