Friday, May 30, 2014

Cable and Lace Shrug

So I am finally getting around to posting about the shrug that I finished. Truth be told, I have finished four sweaters that I haven't posted about. These days I am a little self conscious about my picture being taken. After taking care of three kids all day everyday, I look really tired. I mean, I look like I could use a year long nap. Also, my body is not what it used to be after being pregnant with twins and I have had to face the fact that it is never going to go back. So its kind of hilarious (not really) that I chose a shrug as the knit that that I am posting about.

Pattern: Shrug by Debbie Bliss

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in Aqua

Needles: size US 6

I started knitting this when I was pregnant and it is a "What was I thinking?" knit. I put it down for a long time and then decided recently to pick it up again and at least finish it. I don't love it and I don't think it is really "me". I keep trying to pair it with different outfits but it just isn't working for me. It is disappointing because it took me quite a while to knit it up.
The 100% silk yarn was really nice to work with and it is surprisingly warm. I did like the pattern and the construction of the shrug as well. It kept my interest as I knit. It is just too bad I'm not in love with it.

4 comments:

Anna Prasad said...

It's lovely Michele. I love the colour. Looks good on you too.

Sue said...

It looks beautiful on you.

Anonymous said...

The shrug looks beautiful and so do you!

Doreen Blanchard said...

Michele,
The shrug is beautiful and I love the yarn that you used. I need to get back into knitting.