Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ski Socks

Maybe its just my imagination but this winter seems way colder and snowier than usual. Its a very good thing that I knit myself up some warm wooly socks. Back in November, I signed my oldest son up for ski school which is six weeks in January and February so I knew I was going to be hitting the slopes quite a few times this winter. I knew I needed a nice thick pair of socks to wear with my boots to keep my toes warm.

Pattern: Classic Socks for the Family by Melinda Goodfellow

Yarn: Cascade 220 in Charcoal Twist and Red

Needles: size US 5

These are perfect cold weather socks. I knit them in worsted weight wool and used a smaller needle to so that they are nice and dense. They definitely keep my feet nice and warm. I used a short row heel here in the contrasting colored yarn and decided to graft the toe with the red as well.
I have been skiing solo while my son is in his lesson and it is just what I need - peace and quiet and calm - after an entire week with 3 crazy kids. After I pick my son up from his lesson we hit the slopes together for a few hours it it has been so much fun spending time with him doing an activity. Now I just need to get the twins on skis so that the whole family can ski together. Maybe next year? Haha we'll see!

No comments: