Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Catch Up

It is still officially summer, right? These days I just can't tell. My blogging seems to have taken a backseat to the kiddos and our various summer activities - but I am still knitting away here and there. My oldest son returns to school on Thursday (is it bad if I am excited about this?) and I am hoping to have a tiny bit more downtime to get this blog going again. I love my boys but there are 3 of them and only 1 of me - you do the math. Most of the time I feel like a hot mess and I constantly have to tell myself to keep it together. Anyway, let's catch up with the knitting - that is way more fun to talk about. I have quite a few projects that need their own blog post which I am hoping to eventually get to. I finished a few as far back as the spring - including Aidez but it has been waaaay too hot for me to model that for pictures. It turned out beautifully so I can't wait to wear it as soon as the weather turns chilly. The owl sweaters I was knitting for the twins birthday are done and they are awaiting the button eyes. I turned out another sample for Brooklyn Tweed - Yay Me! (I am congratulating myself because it is really hard for me to get any deadline knitting done these days but I did it!!! I know I am completely crazy for taking these projects on but I cannot help myself. When Brooklyn Tweed comes calling I just can't say no.) I have a sweater on the needles for my oldest son's Birthday, I am halfway done with a pair of socks, and started little stuffed toys for the twins. I know this seems like a lot but these are projects that have been ignored on this blog for months. Trust me, sometimes days go by and I can't squeeze in enough time to knit a stitch. It took me 2 days to write this blog post. Seriously.
So these are the maniacs that are keeping me on my toes these days. Knitting content will be coming up soon.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh they are so adorable. My SIL with the twin boys who turn 2 in Oct now has 1 more baby boy who is about 4 weeks old. Glad to hear that the knitting is still happening as it must be a great way to relax after being so busy with 3 boys all day!