Friday, January 27, 2012

Yipes! Striped F.O.'s!

Apparently I am crazypants because I thought I would go all 40 weeks in my pregnancy with the twins. It just goes to show I know nothing about twins whatsoever. Then at the end, I was so huge, I mean really, really huge, that when I scheduled my induction for 38 weeks I was relieved that I didn't have to wait until 40 weeks to deliver. Then when I went into the hospital at 35 weeks and I was told I needed to deliver now, I was jumping for joy (in my mind, of course, because I was so big that there wasn't any actual jumping) because I was sooo ready. The babies were tiny compared to my son when he was born at a whopping 9 lbs. 9 oz. but people tell me all the time that they are very big for twins. I had planned on knitting up some hats and sweaters for them before they were born because I thought that I had a few extra weeks to go but I managed to squeeze in a few projects right after they were born and they were sleeping a lot.

The first is little Striped Hats.


Pattern: Striped Baby Hat by Sirdar
Yarn: Quince and Co. Chickadee in Peacoat, Egret, and Bark
Needles: size US 5

And I couldn't resist knitting up a pair of Puerperium Cardigans after I saw this on the Yarn Harlot's blog.


I used some leftover Cascade 220 wool that I had in my stash for both of these sweaters and they are so small that they really took me no time to knit up. They are knit on a size US 6 needle.


I absolutely love these little sweaters. I have gotten so many compliments on them everywhere I went with the twins. They are a must-knit for a newborn baby. I squeezed the babies into these up until they were almost three months old and they kept them warm through the chilly Fall months. I am so sad that they don't fit into them any longer. The babies have already gotten so big - it is crazy how fast they grow! Time for some new wooly sweaters I guess.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh they are lovely. The jumpers, hats and your boys, they are just gorgeous!

Julie said...

aww, I love the stripy hats and sweaters!! They look quite chic, actually.

Sue said...

Oh your boys are so adorable in their beautiful hats and sweaters. My twin nephews are both 1 now and still tiny for their age but so active and healthy otherwise. You can always knit the Beyond Peuperium for them now which goes up to a size 2! I plan on knitting some for my nephews very soon when the weather gets cooler here.