Wednesday, November 17, 2010

FO: Lacy Kerchief Scarf


I actually finished this scarf back in April and didn't get around to taking pictures of it until last week! It was spring and I was in the mood to knit something pretty. I am not really a shawl person and I was looking for more of a draped scarf and this fit the bill.

Pattern: Lacy Kerchief Scarf by Lisa Daehlin
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in the color Admiral Mix
Needles: Size US 6

This is, by far, my most favorite thing I have knit. I love absolutely everything about it! It was so much fun to knit - it definitely kept my interest and was a great pattern. I really like how long it is so that it is a true scarf. I can wrap it around my neck in the winter to keep me warm or just drape it over my shoulders when the weather is warmer. The yarn is lovely also. The pattern called for a cotton yarn, but I wanted something that would drape a little bit better so I went with alpaca. It is hard to see from the pictures but the navy is mixed with tiny red and light blue hairs that give the color a whole other dimension.

I have worn this a lot since I finished it (months ago!). It is definitely a versatile, all-seasons scarf!

3 comments:

Julie said...

it's beautiful!! I love the deep blue, and the garter stitch with lace edging looks amazing.

Sue said...

What a simply gorgeous scarf and I love the color too!

Anonymous said...

ohhh...this is really lovely. I like that the design is somewhere in between "scarf" and "shawl." How perfect!