We just made it back from our first official old skool family vacation! We packed up the car and road tripped down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina stopping for sites on the way there and back. It was so much fun! The Outer Banks were beautiful and relaxing and the weather was great all week long.
Things we did:
- Went to 2 aquariums.
- Visited Roanoke Island - site of the first colony in America.
- Drove on the beach! What an awesome experience!
- Saw wild horses on the beach!
- Climbed to the top of a very tall light house!
- Visited the spot of the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
- Went to the Chicamacomico Life Saving Station in Rodanthe.
- Went to the beach - again!
- Built sandcastles, tackled waves, collected shells.
- Flew a kite.
Things I did not do:
- Knit. I brought my knitting with me but did not even knit a stitch! I was kinda busy with other stuff. See list above.
- Read. I brought a book with me (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) but I didn't get around to reading it.
- Get online. Our internet service was very limited.
It was a true vacation! And it was great to spend so much family time together. So glad summer is here.