Saturday, August 30, 2008

Scallop Edge Tee

So here it is, 2 days before September, and I just finished my one and only summer knit. I'm pretty sure that there are a few warm days left so that I have an opportunity to wear it.

Pattern: Scallop Edge Pullover by Lauren Lax from the Spring/Summer 2008 issue of Knit Simple Magazine
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Dyed Cotton in the Mallard colorway
Needles: size US 3 circs for the body and US 2 for the placket and neckline
Mods: I added and inch to the length and made a garter stitch necline to match the placket instead of the scallop edge the pattern called for

I like it! It is a cute sweater option for the warmer weather. Even though I added an inch to the length, it still could have been longer by about 2 inches. I am wondering who they make these measurements for - I am average and I always have to add to the length and it is never enough.

I really like the broken rib detail on the front and I love the yarn. It knit up really well. It took a little getting used to at first because it is very splitty but I really like the finished product.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh it is so nice and looks great on you too.