Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Took a Break

So.... I cast on "Project 3" of my baby knits and knit 2 rows when I just got really bored. So I put the knitting down. For 2 weeks. I didn't knit a stitch. I have been taking walks with my son everyday and have just been sitting back and enjoying spending time with him, watching him play and crawl around. It was a nice break but then I got that sudden urge to cast something on. I had some yarn in my stash saved aside for a sweater vest for Oliver, and although I said "no more baby knits!", I couldn't resist. I cast it on in the largest size of the pattern - just to be sure. I'm not so speedy these days.

This is the first time I have knit anything with cables. They are quite easy, a little time consuming, but they are fun. This gave me an idea: My neice's birthday is just around the corner and I know of this pattern for the cutest cable knit sweater. Perfect for my next project! So off to my LYS to find some yarn. I found this pretty pink cotton which I think she will love.

I ordered the pattern and should get here in a couple of days. I realized that I would need the needles I had already cast on "Project 3" with so yesterday I started a mad dash to complete that by the time the pattern arrives. I't coming along and I should be done with it today.

In my other spare time (like I have so much) I have started reading a book:

Kintting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik. I was strolling through Target and it happened to catch my eye. It looked like a cute read and the last time I read a book was...... ok, maybe I'll pick it up. It is a cute read but not what would usually be on my reading list. I was an English major in college so I usually read something a lot more "literary". Not much knitting going on in the story. The author throws it in here and there. Kind of like me lately.

No comments: