Thursday, October 27, 2016

What I'm Knitting Now: Accessories

The big thing I'm working on at the moment is another sample sweater for Brooklyn Tweed and I am on a deadline. Sometimes a sweater can be too big to carry around and I like little projects I can carry with me to knit while I am at my oldest son's soccer practices or I am watching the twins play at the playground together. I have two on the go at the moment.
The first is a pair of socks. I haven't knit myself a pair of socks in forever and I thought it was high time. I also have a ridiculous amount of sock yarn that seems to have accumulated that I need to start working through.
I also started a pair of mittens because I couldn't resist this yarn any longer - and I need a new pair of mittens! This yarn has been in my stash for years. I probably bought it very shortly after I learned how to knit. I love the different colors in the twist of the yarn and how it is knitting up into stripes. This is a departure for me because I usually knit with solid colors. I love how both of these accessories are looking so far!

1 comment:

Anna Prasad said...

Oh gorgeous. Both look amazing, I especially like the blue! Can't wait to see the finished items!