Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waxing and Waning

I am sure that in every knitter's production there are periods of waxing and waning. I hit my time of waning at the end of September. I just had way too much on my plate with four birthdays in a row here (all three of my boys' and my husband's) which included a few big parties, not to mention daily life of taking care of said boys and the amount of time and care that goes into that. Something had to take a back seat and it was my knitting. I was just too busy and, at the end of the day, too tired for it. Needless to say, none of my boys' sweaters were finished for their birthdays. In fact, they are still not finished.
There they sit on a chair awaiting their finishing touches. I am very close. I think now, after taking a much needed breather, I am ready to pick up the needles again and get these finished before my boys grow out of them and don't even get a chance to wear them. I might just be a waxing knitter now.

1 comment:

AnnaPrasad said...

I know the feeling and I have periods like that too. Hope you've had lovely birthdays, can't believe your twins are 1 already, how time flies.