Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of School and Some Sample Knitting

Today was Oliver's first day of the first grade and he was on the bus at 7:05 this morning.
He looked so cute in his uniform with his little tie on and his new backpack, I got a little teary eyed watching him get on the bus. But now the twins are down for a nap and it is so quiet around here, I can actually hear myself think. It is awesome!
The new BT Fall 12 Lookbook hit yesterday and it is amazing! I want to knit almost everything in it. Damn you Brooklyn Tweed - my knitting queue is already miles long!! The Driftwood Pullover, Burr Jacket, and Breton Shirt are at the top of my list and I would love to knit up the Guilder Scarf for my husband. I was lucky enough to knit up a sample for this beautiful collection. This summer I worked on the Turnagain cowl. I was super excited when all of this yarn arrived in my mailbox:
It is a reversible cowl worked up in stockinette stripes. On one side are thin stripes and then very thick stripes on the reverse side. It is worked in one piece then folded over and the stitches are grafted together.
It was pretty easy knit but it is a sizable cowl so it did take me a while to get this done. When I came to the part of the pattern where it said to graft together 242 stitches I was paralyzed with fear. I was a terrible grafter - I usually had to rip out my grafting stitches like 20 times before I could get it right and then it still didn't look right. But don't they say to get over your fears to face them head on? Well, there's nothing like grafting together 242 stitches to get over that. Now I can graft anything together!
It is a wonderful design and it comes in 4 different color ways for your liking.

No comments: