Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Samples

This past summer, as I mentioned before, I started doing some sample knitting for Brooklyn Tweed.The projects I knit were fun and challenging to do. They turned up in the BT Fall 11 collection and I would (finally) like to share them with you. First up is the Muir Hat, a garter stitch hat that is knit sideways and shaped at the crown with short rows.

Unfortunately, all I have is this iPhone work-in-progress photo. I forgot to take pictures of the finished deal before I sent it off.

I also knit the Lockhart Mitts, both the long and short versions.

It was a privilege to work on these great designs on the Brooklyn Tweed sample knitting team. And getting skeins of Shelter in the mail to knit these up was an added bonus. I am currently working on another sample this very moment in the new yarn Loft. You will have to wait and see what these gorgeous skeins are knitting up to be!

No comments: