Friday, March 11, 2011

FO: Norie

After my last hat mishap (the cabled one that turned out too small), I still needed a new hat. I decided to knit Norie, a very slouchy hat pattern - but very pretty with cat's paw lace panels.

Pattern: Norie by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Quince & Co. Chickadee in the colorway Frank's Plum
Needles: size US 5
Mods: I only knit 3 repeats of the lace panels instead of 4. It turned out slouchy enough for me at this length.

I really like the way this turned out - I think it is really cute. I absolutely love the yarn and I have been looking for an excuse to try out Quince & Co. It was a dream to knit with, the color is so vibrant and saturated and for a yarn that is 100% wool it is so soft. The price is amazing as well. I think that this is going to become my go-to yarn. I really enjoyed knitting this hat.

2 comments:

Julie said...

that hat is sooooo pretty!! such a rich colour, too.

Sue said...

It looks like a nice book. Love the hat!