Friday, April 4, 2008

Thinking Spring

Rain, rain, go away!

Even though it has still been chilly (very chilly) and quite dreary and grey around here, I have been thinking ahead to the warmer, sunnier days of Spring. They have to come sometime, right? I just cast on a cute cropped cardigan in anticipation of the warmer weather.

This wasn't my first choice. I originally cast on a sweater that I had my eye on in Vogue Knitting since last Spring. It was one of those things that because I sat on it for so long, the sweater lost its appeal. But I cast on for it anyway, ignoring my intuition. About a quarter of the way up the back I realized I made a mistake a few rows back and because the entire thing was yarn overs and knit 2 togethers I decided to knit backwards to correct the problem instead of ripping it back. Hassle. Big hassle. Somehow during the process my needle snapped and broke. I would usually get a little bit upset about something like that, but felt that it was the universe telling me that this sweater wasn't meant to be.

Now, I had this beautiful yarn and no sweater to knit. After searching (and searching) I finally found the perfect match. All I need now are those warm sunny days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come to Texas! It's Spring here - the daffodils are finished and now the azaleas are blooming! We have roses budding!
amoremamma