Monday, June 18, 2007

Change of Plans

I started knitting the cable sweater for my neice and got this far:

and I absolutely hate this yarn. It isn't very nice to knit with and the look of the sweater really isn't what I want. I stopped knitting this and went on the hunt for another yarn and found this:

A very pretty turquoise cotton. I haven't tested it for gauge yet but I am hoping it works out. Needless to say, this sweater will not be done in time for my neice's birthday. I'm thinking I will buy some yarn in a different color and knit this sweater for both of my neices for Christmas. I hate tight deadlines anyway :-).

Happy Father's Day!
Yesterday was my husband's first Father's Day! We all went to pick strawberries and had a great time - especially Oliver - he ate more than he picked (which is to be expected at his young age).

No comments: