Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Little Down

I have been a little down lately. "Why?" you ask. Well, I woke up this morning, April 12th, to see big flakes of snow falling from the sky. I mean, its spring, right? Where are the green leaves and green grass and blue sky and birds chirping? I am really ready for the warm weather and walks and trips to the park with Oliver. This spring sucks!

I think this is affecting my general enthusiasm for knitting. Not to mention that I have finished knitting all of the pieces of Oliver's sweater and now comes the part I dread: sewing up the seams. Ugh! Just the thought of it makes me want to get back into bed and pull the covers over my head. I also think that the sweater is going to be too small for him. I measured him 3 times before I started knitting it and checked my gauge. Everything was on track. It was even going to be too big for him. Great! Room to grow! Ya right! Not the way Oliver is growing. Yesterday was his 6 month doctor appointment and after his measurements were taken the doctor showed me how he is progressing. He is off the charts in length and in the 85th percentile for weight. I've got a long but slim baby. He grew another inch and a half in the past 2 months. I am very happy I have a very healthy baby. On the flip side, it is killer when I try to knit him anything. I think my next project will be for myself knowing that I have ceased to grow and when I finish whatever I choose to make for myself I know it will fit. Satisfaction guaranteed.

No comments: